Accessibility Advisory Council
The COMTO Accessibility Advisory Council works to ensure that the transportation needs of people with disabilities are incorporated into COMTO’s constituency. The committee highlights contributions that people with disabilities make to the transportation industry, bringing greater emphasis to disabled veteran-owned businesses among the historically underutilized businesses for which COMTO advocates.
Interested in joining this committee? Please complete the form: Accessibility Advisory Council Committee
- Lina Aragon, Operations Manager, Palm Tran Public Transportation (Palm Tran), [email protected]
- Martin Kareithi, Director, Systemwide Accessibility, Capital Metro, [email protected]
- Christian T. Kent, Board Advisor, COMTO National Board of Directors and Principal, Transit Management Consulting, LLC, [email protected]
CITY Internship Committee
The COMTO Careers in Transportation for Youth (CITY) Internship Committee is committed to helping the next generation of transportation leaders climb the ladder of opportunity.
Interested in joining this committee? Please complete the form: CITY Internship Committee
- Colean Bembry, Regional Quality Manager, Mass. Electric Construction, [email protected]
Emerging Leaders Subcommittee
The COMTO Emerging Leaders Committee works on key initiatives to engage COMTO professionals seeking to build the requisite skills to advance toward the rank of Officer or Executive in public or private organizations within the transportation industry. The emerging leader has demonstrated a desire to produce at the executive levels within the transportation industry in his or her current role. Because of industry trends, he or she is expected to excel in order to develop and lead new infrastructure and technological initiatives and will benefit from mentoring and guidance to navigate into a plausible succession plan within the transportation industry.
Interested in joining this committee? Please complete the form: Emerging Leaders Committee
COMTO members who self-identify as an emerging leaders are placed into one of four tiers:
Tier 1—Entry Level/Young Professionals: COMTO members who work in entry-level positions who seek to advance to their first management position.
Tier 2—Middle Management: COMTO members who are responsible for planning and directing the work of others and/or key projects in light of organizational goals.
Tier 3—Senior Management: COMTO members who in addition to planning and directing the work of others, also are responsible for allocating resources and for working across the organization to facilitate the development and dissemination of organizational goals.
Tier 4—C-Suite Executives: COMTO members who are in charge of an organization or a primary function of an organization. They are responsible for ensuring the achievement of the organizational goals by advising senior management on strategies to accomplish goals.
- Cyrill Weems, Director, Infrastructure- Water & Transportation, Burns & McDonnell, [email protected]
- Aisha Eccleston Mundy, Director, Global Logistics, Cenntro Automotive Corporation, [email protected]
The COMTO Historically Underutilizes Business (HUB) Committee assists the COMTO National Office with developing and maintaining a comprehensive and energetic program to promote the use of HUB vendors throughout the procurement process.
Interested in joining this committee? Please complete the form: HUBs Committee
- Gwendolen Gray, Second Vice Chair, COMTO National Board of Directors; Project Controls Director and Vice President, HNTB, [email protected]
Industry Awards Committee
The COMTO Industry Awards Committee reviews award nomination submissions, selects final award honorees and hosts the COMTO Industry Awards, the official closing program of the annual COMTO National Meeting and Training Conference.
Interested in joining this committee? Please complete the form: Industry Awards Committee
- Regine Beauboeuf, At-Large Member, COMTO National Board of Directors; Senior Vice President and Director of Infrastructure and Mobility Equity, HNTB, [email protected]
- Emille Williams, Deputy CEO, Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA), [email protected]
Legislative Advisory Council
The COMTO Legislative Advisory Council promotes policies and programs that advance the organization, as well as the mission, vision and strategic plan.
Interested in joining this committee? Please complete the form: Legislative Advisory Council Committee
- Renee Banks, Board Advisor, COMTO National Board of Directors; President & Chief Communications Officer, G.W. Peoples Contracting Co., Inc., [email protected]
Our Legislative and Advocacy Work includes:
Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Transportation Braintrust
The COMTO Membership Committee generates initiatives to recruit and retain members, all subject to the review and approval from the COMTO National Board of Directors.
- Ashley Greaves, Project Consultant, Hatch LTK, [email protected]
- Tamika Gunn White, Senior Organizational Development Manager, Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA), [email protected]
Program Planning Committee
The COMTO Program Planning Committee develops workshops and forums for the annual COMTO National Meeting and Training Conference. This committee reviews and evaluates ‘Call for Papers’ submissions in order to ensure that the workshops, continuing education units and forums meet the educational needs and goals of COMTO’s membership.
Interested in joining this committee? Please complete the form: Program Planning Committee
- Warren Montague, Transportation Management and Compliance Consultant, [email protected]
- Daniel Pearsall, CEO, Artistic Aerial Productions, [email protected]
The COMTO Scholarship Committee cultivates scholarship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students. This committee also educates members on the scholarship application process, as well as promotes scholarship opportunities to COMTO’s networks and throughout the transportation industry.
Interested in joining this committee? Please complete the form: Scholarship Committee
- Kim Avery, Metro Region Engineer, Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT), [email protected]
- Tasha Steiner, Electrical Engineer, WSP USA, [email protected]
Strategic Planning Committee
The COMTO Strategic Developing Committee maintains and refreshes the strategic plan to align with the mission, vision and goals of COMTO and to ensure that the COMTO strategic plan appropriately guides the organization to achieve its strategic direction desired.
Interested in joining this committee? Please complete the form: Strategic Developing Committee
- Brittni Russaw, Transportation Planner, AECOM, [email protected]
- Demauris Terry, President, COMTO Southern California (SoCal) Chapter; Chief Operating Officer, BA, Inc., [email protected]
Women Who Move the Nation
The COMTO Celebrating Women Who Move the Nation Steering Committee ensures the successful planning and execution of COMTO’s Celebrating Women Who Move the Nation ceremony traditionally held annually during Women’s History Month. Activities include ensuring COMTO meets its revenue goals, choosing honorees that meet all predefined criteria, securing all honorees will be present at the ceremony, planning logistics of the event and participating in teleconferences to ensure all timeline items are completed on schedule and assisting with all assigned onsite duties the day of the event.
Interested in joining this committee? Please complete the form: Women Who Move the Nation Steering Committee
- Tanya Adams, Chair, COMTO National Board of Directors; Senior Vice President, Inclusion & Diversity, WSP USA