Our annual membership drive on November 6-10, 2023 offers creative activities to showcase the benefits of membership and encourage participation. This week brings diverse transportation industry professionals across modes and disciplines to the COMTO family.
COMTO Week highlights unique benefits for all stakeholders:
- Agencies: Gain COMTO as an equity partner to actualize agency equity, diversity, inclusion and workforce development initiatives
- Private Sector: Access to curated network of diverse career candidates for recruitment
- Historically Underutilized Business: Representation on National efforts to ensure equitable contracting opportunities for HUBS
- Academic Institutions: Individualized support for research and academic initiatives
- Individuals: Career advancement and professional development
- Students: No cost, Access to scholarship, paid-internship and employment opportunities
Lunch and Learn
Invite members and supporters to hear from experts and network over lunch.
Select a book focused on transportation, equity or related subject and invite participants to join for a fee and receive the book and take part in monthly discussions.
Use this event to raise money for your Chapter’s Scholarship Fund.
Honor Your Local Sponsors
Establish your local COMTO Week as an opportunity to honor your local sponsors.
Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUBs)
Allow local companies to exhibit their products and services, which will provide a forum for your local HUBs to network and exchange information.
Convene diverse stakeholders to discuss transportation and diversity issues in your community.
General Membership Meeting
Hold a general membership meeting to discuss local chapter business and invite a guest speaker.
Career Development Seminar
Work with your local high school or college to develop initiatives that work toward increasing the total number of students entering the transportation industry.
Youth STEAM Day
Introduce and expose youth to the many career opportunities in the transportation industry.